Saturday, August 6, 2011

August is here…

It’s a cloudy Saturday morning, and I can tell it rained during the night, thank you Lord! It’s been so dry that we haven’t mowed the yard in well over a month. I was really looking forward to summer because I love to get out on the rider mower…it’s about 45 minutes of “me” time, where I can pray and just do some good thinking…

Within the last week or two, we decided we were going to clean out our “junk room.” This is the room where we keep everything normal people would keep in a basement. But being basement-less people, this room is our only option. Well, we’re going to have a garage sale with Chris & Shaina in 4 more weeks! We’re excited to get that room sheetrocked and remodeled. It’s the last room (besides the utility room) that hasn’t been touched since we started working on the house.

Last night, we got to go to Wichita and eat dinner with Kelsi and Ryan. Before we went to eat, Dave & I went to Dick’s Sporting Goods. I got some Keen sandals (I love them!) for biking. I’m really hoping that we can ride more this week. Last week, we had 111° temperatures! Ugh…too hot!

As I woke up this morning, and laid in bed before getting up, God just made it so obvious how much I’m blessed! I have a wonderful husband that I get to wake up with every morning. I have 3 great little companions, our cats, that are my Saturday morning alarm clocks. We have a house that we’ve been able to work on, that is surrounded by beautiful trees. I love the way the sun shines through the leaves and this morning, the left over water drops add shimmer to it all…beautiful! I have so many reasons to praise Him!

Well, that’s probably all for now. If anyone reads this, I hope you enjoy my ramblings…it’s fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment